ICG is a ‘hands-on’ manager with an investment philosophy focused on value ‘through the cycle’ and sustainable returns.
ICG team members have worked on 200+ infrastructure
equity and debt transactions
13 assets currently under management
National presence with teams on the ground in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Darwin
Our experienced and multi-disciplined investment team operates under a robust investment framework with the primary objective of investing in infrastructure assets which are able to deliver compelling long-term, risk-adjusted returns, as demonstrated by high quality and diversified portfolios built since 2001.
Our track record, combined with an extensive network of industry relationships developed over the past 18 years allows us to be best positioned to originate and access high-quality infrastructure investments in Australia.
Likewise, our active asset management approach focuses on adding value through effective investment analysis, structuring and operations of an asset or business over the life of the investment.
ICG investment management framework is outlined below.
- Proactive origination approach leveraging off established network of relationships with industry partners, governments, co-investors, vendors and advisors
- Longstanding track-record and sector expertise make ICG an attractive and reliable partner
Due Diligence and Execution
- Targeting diversification and compelling risk-adjusted returns
- Appropriate governance to deliver on active management strategy
- Ensuring fit with ESG criteria
- Pricing conservatively – modelling assets using prudent growth and refinancing assumptions
- Tailored structuring to maximise investor’s objectives
- Active investment and asset management approach
- Apply experience from each asset to other portfolio assets as relevant
- Applying proven risk management techniques – imposing strict risk management policies at the asset level and seeking to minimise counterparty risk
- Ongoing capital structure optimisations – deep direct experience in debt structuring and refinancings
- Ongoing portfolio review and market monitoring to optimise investment exits, capital re-investment and portfolio rebalancing
- Significant experience in investment exits to achieve broader portfolio objectives